Tuesday 21 June 2016


Colour Psychology



To help me understand colour and how it effects our emotions I decided to do some research.




Psychological Properties Of Colours

There are four psychological primary colours - red, blue, yellow and green. They relate respectively to the body, the mind, the emotions and the essential balance between these three.

I don't necessarily agree with all of my research. I think that a lot of information related to colour psychology is based on marketing and advertising but I want my interpretation of colour psychology to be more personal.

The four psychological primary colours give me different emotions.
 Red - I would usually associate red with anger and a loss of temper.
Blue - I would usually associate blue with sadness and a sense of loss.
Yellow - I would usually associate yellow with happiness and joy.
Green - I would usually associate green with jealousy and vulnerability. 

I will use these three colours to express these emotions in my final piece. I believe it will really exaggerate the emotions and give them more depth.










No comments:

Post a Comment