Thursday 3 December 2015

Time Based- Human Form & Time Based Final Piece

In Time Based we learnt about the 'rights of expression', I got the following from the website Liberty.
"Article 10 gives everyone the right to freedom of expression, which includes the freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without State interference.
This includes the right to communicate and to express oneself in any medium, including through words, pictures, images and actions (including through public protest and demonstrations)."

This shows that there aren't any limits in how to express yourself through art. Although in Time Based we learnt the limitations of our photoshoot, we had to take into consideration the type of audience that would be viewing the pictures (family) and the safety of putting more private areas on display at a college exhibition, this means that's the areas we were aloud to photograph were areas such as, hands, feet, faces, hair and necks. This way the exhibition would be family friendly and all on the same guideline.

Knowing our limitations we went ahead and took our photography, we used a high powered LED light and a Canon DSLR camera, this would make sure we had the best quality pictures possible and by adjust light settings and heights we could change the form through highlights and shadows making for well composed image.

Here are my Human Form photographs:





I'm very proud of my images, I believe that they all capture a strong message.

Next I edited two of them:
I believe that by bringing out the luminous colour on the lip and subduing the image rest of the image it gives a contrasting warm and cold intensity to the photograph.

By making the image black and making the shadows harsh and the highlights soft, I believe I have achieved an atmospheric image. It shows strength and power. Although if I was to go back I would perhaps try to get the whole subject matter into the frame, I think this would intensify the image further.




Megan Chilcott




No comments:

Post a Comment